Monday, October 19, 2009

First figures painted

Well here are the first five fire warriors of the cadre. They look very similar to the T'au sept in colors, but I didn't decide it whether my cadre is part of it or not? I didn't decide the name either, It should be something 'tauish', which would also suggest that these guys aren't fighting stationary. Banestorm, thunderstrike, or something like that. I'm sure I dont want to model exactly the T'aus because I find them kinda boring. All of my vehicles and I think my battlesuits as well will have camo, so they will be different.

As You can see, my painting skills are lousy but I'm trying hard. I really like the leader's head and that's it. I surely have to improve.
These will be my most veteran warriors along with 3 Crisis battlesuits, 3 XV25 battlesuits and a Hammerhead which I bought together on eBay. They were used and not in good condition as You can see for example these soldiers don't have antennas... Of course I can explain that: no ideas why, but on the planet, where they fought against greenskins short range radio didn't work so they chose not to wear the antennas since that's just more weight which is bad when You have to run from Orks. :)

So here are a couple of bad pics, the models aren't ready, I'll upload a few pics when they are. I really like weathering and I already decided that this will be a battleworn cadre, so that's what is still waiting for them. Your opinions are more than welcome!




No comments:

Post a Comment